Nature Photography Gallery
Terms & Conditions
Everyone has a role to play in creating a sustainable future for our region.
Fitzroy Basin Association (FBA) is a Natural Resource Management (NRM) profit-for-purpose organisation that works in partnership with individuals, groups, organisations, and funders to protect natural assets and promote sustainable land management in the Fitzroy NRM region, which includes the largest catchment flowing into the Great Barrier Reef.
The Central Queensland Sustainability Strategy 2030 (CQSS2030) is the NRM plan for the region and is coordinated and made publicly available by FBA. It provides a roadmap to guide the region towards a sustainable future.
About the gallery
FBA runs an annual competition to encourage everyone in central Queensland to celebrate and promote the value of our region’s natural assets and people/community. When the competition is not live, the gallery remains open for regional people to share their love for the natural assets that surround them.
The region’s six natural assets are:
- Land-based ecosystems
- Freshwater rivers, creeks and wetlands
- Coastal and marine ecosystems
Together with climate, our people determine the health and future of our natural assets.
Information on this page forms part of the photo galleries Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry is deemed acceptance of these Competition Terms and Conditions. A breach will result in the entry being removed from the website.
Who can submit images!
- The gallery is open to individuals who live, work, play or study in the Fitzroy region.
- Individuals under 18 years of age must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
- Entries must meet the Photo requirements, rights and ownership conditions (below).
Photo requirements, rights and ownership conditions
- Photo entries must be of a sufficient resolution (1MB minimum ideal) and without the need to rotate.
- Portrait and landscape photos are acceptable.
- Images entered must have been photographed by the entrant and be a photograph taken within and of the Fitzroy region; entries by third parties and entries that are not of the Fitzroy region will be removed.
- By submitting a photograph in the competition, the photo owner grants FBA the right to use their image (with credit to the photographer) on websites and in promotional material; this usage is royalty-free. This usage includes but is not limited to any digital or print formats.
- Photo entries must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe on the rights of any third party.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining all the necessary model and/or property releases as required (entries which include a close-up photo of a person/s must have a signed permission form from the person/s in the photo or from the parent/guardian of children aged 18 years or under).
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, FBA (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising.
- All personal information received will be dealt with in accordance with the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act.
- Photographers may be contacted by FBA at any time using contact details provided to confirm photo details, model and/or property releases, to request higher resolution copies of their image and/or discuss use of their caption.
- Submitted images and captions will remain available on the CQSS2030 website for public viewing (as well as ‘likes’ and comments). Requests for removal may be made to FBA at any time.